Friday, January 11, 2008

I See Santa in Santana

There has been an incredibly long drought in my blog postings. For that I apologize...if there is even anyone left reading. To think that I could return to school, have a job, and still have time to amuse myself here, I was sadly fooling myself. That being said, I'm getting anxious as the off-season is winding down and I promise for real this time I will stick around. I will catch up on all I missed another day, but tonight I'm wide awake and I'm almost embarrassed to admit why.

I woke up this morning to rampant reports that the Mets are only an F-Mart away from sealing the deal. The deal for Johan that is. I tried to block it out and continue with my day. Instead I became this crazy woman checking every damn site compulsively. This is my effort to avoid all sites baseball and attempt some rest.

The Mets need to make this deal. Yes, Mets fans have suffered through miserable trade after miserable trade, but this one is different. It's Johan Santana. He's young, established, and the big splash this team needs. If they don't do something, it's going to be a pathetic 2008 to be a Mets fan. Without a Santana-esque move we may be able to say goodbye to any sanity we have left as well as Shea Stadium.

Should the Mets end up sending F-Mart, Gomez, Humber, Mulvey, and Guerra to Minnesota, the probability of all of them see success is highly unlikely. I don't know how much longer I can ride the Santana roller coaster as this offseason has been so lackluster. Reports like those circling on Thursday just get my hopes up. I'm so at peace with unloading the farm that I'll tell the Mets where they can borrow a John Deere from. I'm trying to stay level-headed as to not be disappointed. I feel like all those who support the blue and orange are collectively holding our breath. We are tossing and turning like a little kid on Christmas Eve...

When I wake up...I want to see that Santa came a little late. Santana that is.

No comments: