Saturday, October 27, 2007

Baseball & Other Musings to Pass the Time

I'm a baseball fan first and a sports fan second. I thought this World Series was going to be a better match up. Apparently I was kidding myself...that or I was desperate for a feel-good story. Guess that may not work out. I'm already tired of the Red Sox and their antics. Since when did they jump on a high horse?! It's funny for two seconds; oh and then I feel like I'm watching the dopey version of the late-90's Yankees.

So besides the World Series & the inevitable end of another baseball season, the sports world is full of interesting tidbits. There's that NFL game in London this weekend...I'm sure that will go well. NFL and Europe are not compatible...I'm not even a football fan and I can recognize this. I will admit I have become a sucker for my grad. school's football team though. I'm learning to embrace the only game I've ever been a real outsider too. We'll see how long that last...

The NHL is up and running. Yeah, I forgot too. I predict another lackluster season of NHL hockey, especially if Ryan Smyth continues to tour the country spreading his man tears everywhere. College Hockey is so much more exciting that the "show." That is one opinion I will never change.

The Knicks & MSG are going to spontaneously combust at any moment. It all started when Mr. Marbury started selling $15 shoes. You knew that was the beginning of the end. Apparently the World Series isn't front page worthy this week, as every damn magazine was committed to the Celtics. Real nice...

Back to baseball. Barry Bonds is whining, Scott Boras is talking about money, the Yankees are still making mistakes. The best news is that Jacoby Ellsbury is a modern day American Hero. With his stolen base Thursday night he swiped every American a free taco. Needless to say, this promotion by Taco Bell is absolutely genius. So hat tip to Taco Bell...and don't forget to get your taco Tuesday, Oct. 30 from 2-5pm.

All is right in the world. As the offseason progresses & the hotstove heats up, I'll still be here to weigh in on all the action. What will be the biggest piece of news in my eyes is if this list from the Mitchell investigation is released. That should give us all plenty to talk about. If I throw in some non-baseball chit chat I hope you don't mind. Thanks to anyone who has continued reading! I truly appreciate it. Soak up the last few moments of baseball before we are subjected to a long winter...

No comments: