Monday, October 22, 2007

Rox & Sox

To the World Series we go. I'm mildly disappointed that the Indians couldn't pull out this series, but the Red Sox were just too strong. Do I like the Red Sox? Not so much. Do they make me laugh? Sure they do...

Just 4 years ago, the thought of being a Red Sox fan could make a grown man cry. Despite all the allure of Fenway, the Green Monster, Red Sox Nation there was also a lot of despair. But since 2004, the attitude has changed. Did you watch that celebration last night? Who are these guys? Who are these Boston fans? It's almost as if now they expect to get there. And sure they are powerful and probably should be there, but I hate when fans and players walk around with a sense of entitlement.

It should be clear that I'm rooting for the Rockies when the World Series gets underway. I'll have my purple all geared up for Wednesday. I give the Red Sox a point for humor, but there gets a point when the bullpen band, Beckett's F-bombs, Papelbon's riverdance, Papi & This is why I'm hot, and Manny being Manny just gets to be too much. I'm sure if you're on the inside & the Sox are your team, all these things are endearing. Probably exactly why you love your team. Through this I can understand why people cannot stand Mets home run celebrations. But what can you do? A team's personality is what it is...but the Red Sox are a bunch of wackos.

That being said...Terry Francona is one hell of a manager. I'll give him that. And speaking of wackos, the poor lady presenting the trophies in the clubhouse last night was a mess and a half. I feel like the postseason is 15 years long. They can get rid of the 3 million off days any time now. 4 more wins and we'll be knee deep in the offseason. Until then I have my fingers crossed for the kids from Colorado. With the wintry conditions in Denver, an early Christmas present may not be too much to ask.

No comments: