Monday, October 1, 2007

Yesterday = Numb, Today = Angry

Okay, so yesterday I was numb. I had no other words than that. Today I am angry. After listening to yesterday's postgame reactions I am angry, add to that annoyed. I have never felt more disrespected or brushed aside as a fan of this organization as I did yesterday. Let me begin my rant...

Tom Glavine: Thank you for telling me you weren't devastated. That's fine, but 54,000+ sat there yesterday and were. Add to that all those watching & listening at home and you have a whole lot of devastated people. So cut us some slack Tom. You're days are a Met have come to the end. Thanks for notching your 300th win in the blue and orange, all while adding very little to the blue and orange. Okay, so you're a veteran and the consummate professional...but when you had to lay it all out there, you dropped the ball. Parting in this case will not be sweet sorrow.

Willie Randolph: Umm I just want to remind you that the fans are how you people eat at night. We allow for your paychecks. So have a little sympathy and realize that Mets fans are not the same breed as Yankees fans. When the press asks you what kind of message you have for devastated Mets fans...what was your answer? "We're devastated too. But we're gonna learn from this and move on. But hey listen, I'm worried about my team first and foremost." Alright Willie, that's nice and all. I'm glad you're worried about patching bandaids for the grown men in your clubhouse. But in all due respect, throw us a little bit of respect. And you wonder why everyone is calling for your head.

Omar Minaya: If this guy tried to tell me ONE MORE TIME that "Look this is a good team. This is still a team who was in a pennant race. This is still a team that won 88 games. This is where we want to be. Ya know what I'm sayin." I was here for all 162 games Omar! I know you won 88 games and you probably could have won about 15-16 more if they didn't always cough it up. This season was a downgrade from last year, regardless of what names are on the paper. I'm not an idiot. Stop trying to make excuses and still say this team is a good team. Do something worthwhile this offseason and I'll quit my bitching.

Billy Wagner: Shut up already. You have managed to crap the bed in every damn big game and yes I'd keep you as my closer, but I still think you're overrated. Always have, always will. What I can't stand about you is you're pretty quick to always point the finger and throw someone else under the bus. You've always got something negative to say and I think you're a bad teammate. Yes you heard it here...a bad teammate & given the chance I'd ship you out on the first bus too. You and Tommy G. can hold hands on the way out of town. Again...shut your big fat trap.

Jose Reyes: Find yourself already dammit. Will the real Jose Reyes please stand up? The boos will not go away next year if you do not get it together and lose the 'tude. Please and Thank You!

I would like to say a brief thank you to Pedro & Paul for showing they were angry. I was angry. Thanks for being a reflection of how your fans felt like. Thank you David Wright for being a real captain. This organization is yours for years to come & that is the only thing I am excited about.

Today I am annoyed. Today I am angry. I have nothing positive to say today. Maybe in a few days I'll be able to see some positive. But today I feel disrespected. Beyond being letdown by my team on the field, I now feel letdown by my team in the clubhouse. In a place like New York the fans are the pulse of your team, and I don't need you to send me a box of kleenex. What I would appreciate is a little recognition and not a slap in the face. The fans are devastated. The fans are angry. I don't care you won 88 games. I don't care Tom Glavine won 303 games in his lifetime. I don't care Willie Randolph is a big boy and can take the heat. Recognize that your pulse is fading & you have to find a way to fix that, along with your team.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, too, feel VERY disrespected as a fan and I never want to see Glavine in a Mets uniform again.

Thanks for finding the words, I can't quite string together a sentence on my own blog yet.