Sunday, September 30, 2007

Enter Words Here

This sucks. The fact that it ever came down to game 162 sucks. This one is painful because this...we took away from ourselves. This is one of the types of collapses that will have repercussions for a while. Heads are going to hang, changes are going to be made, some fans are going to jump ship. It's all going to happen and it's all quite understandable.

Going into next year, the last year at Shea, this organization has some serious regrouping to do. But I can't even think that far ahead. I wish I could say I am surprised today, but you can just feel when you're team has that extra "thing." I haven't felt that in a long time about these Mets, so maybe I was preparing for the worst as other teams all over the place seemed to be pouring killer instinct all over the place. That being said, it doesn't mean I enjoyed these guys any less, or this season any less. I rooted, I cheered, and hoped for the best until another strikeout ended another wasted season. Preparing for the worst didn't make it any easier, it has just made me feel numb.

I'm not sure what to say to anyone reading or to my friends or even to myself. As exciting as the playoffs may be, I may take the week off from baseball. I'm tired, I'm burned out, I'm drained...like I said. Just plain numb. The Phillies did what they had to do and hats off to Jimmy Rollins and his big mouth. It worked, that's all I can say. Besides that, I have no desire to watch the Phillies play in October because the whole idea makes me want to throw up.

Only time will tell how this all will play out and what after shocks the organization will feel, but this could take a while to bounce back from. It's not going to be an easy road ahead...but if it's any consolation, being a Mets fan has never been easy. I don't have eloquent words yet, or any deep insight to the season. I need a day or two to let this sink in. If you're a reader here...which I know there are some, I encourage you guys to post today, tonight, tomorrow. Whenever. It's okay to vent...look ahead...whatever you do to cope with this meltdown. Unfortunately the Mets have packed up until February...and until then, all we have is each other.

No comments: