Sunday, September 2, 2007

It Took Long Enough

Finally the Mets won a series in Atlanta. FINALLY! It couldn't have come at a more crucial time. It may have taken five attempts, but that's okay. I'm licking my chops at the thought of a sweep tomorrow. I know you are too.

Finally we may see an offensive outburst from Carlos Delgado. I won't hold my breath though. This could disappear again in a couple days.

Finally Pedro is coming back. Monday is the big day. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I can barely take the buildup.

Finally people may start liking the black jerseys. I know a lot of fans think they are terrible, but if you caught the game on WFAN Friday night you may have heard the story. The Mets have a habit of losing in their grey jerseys (yes that's what they wore in Philly.) Black may become the new road color.

And finally Mike Pelfrey got a win! He was huge today. This outing was reminiscent to his stuff in Spring Training. Patience with Pelfrey is key. This kid has the potential to become a very big part of our rotation. As I said yesterday, the twists of a season gave him the opportunity to get his first win on a huge stage. Hats off to Pelfrey for getting it together and thanks to the Mets for sticking with him.

No comments: