Wednesday, September 19, 2007

If It's Not One Thing, It's Another

I'm not as angry tonight. The offensive really gave it a whirl; the defense didn't look like 5 year-old T-ball players; most of the 'pen was better. But thanks John Maine for serving this one up on a silver platter. Seriously, when one thing goes right, the other goes wrong. Story of the season. I feel like the sky is falling and we can't stop it.

I appreciate the players only meeting the team held today, if just to make me feel like they were annoyed by this streak too. I was encouraged by the small signs of life tonight, but it still didn't produce the W. What's even more annoying is that it feels like every force in the universe is fighting against the Mets. As we speak the Phillies & Cards game is in the top of the 12th. The Phillies will not die. Could it be anyone else but Manny Acta's team that is playing the role of spoiler?! I used to like Manny a lot. Even worse, Moises Alou has a tight quad. Wait and get this, El Duque is out 7-10 more days and can't do ANYTHING because his foot is in a boot...for a bunion for christ's sake. And the Mets keep rolling that "Your postseason has come." commercial as some kind of funny joke. I'm a Mets fan and I'm convinced the world hates me. Haha.

I will not preach all this keep believing hoopla right now. Obviously some part of me still believes or else I wouldn't still be tuning in each night and blogging waiting for the turnaround. Right now I'm grumpy. But I'll be back tomorrow and so will each of you. Because we're Mets fans. And misery loves company.

No comments: