Friday, August 31, 2007

Thank You


Thank you Mets. I needed a win tonight to back the positivity I am trying to spread. I'm a glass half empty kind of girl. I was really digging deep for optimism. But thank you for reminding me that there is reason for that digging.

Thanks John Maine for remembering how to pitch...and pitch deep into games. Thanks for getting out of a big time jam and striking out eight. Most importantly, hats off for being the stopper.

Hey Delgado! Thanks for hitting a bomb with MEN ON BASE! If you could really find your groove down the stretch, they'll be more thanks where this came from. I'll stop whining about the last five months and just say better late than never.

Jose Reyes...the fact that you did not go 0-412 tonight was appreciated. When he goes, the Mets go. Hmm how many times have we heard that?

Although he did not have a big night, thanks D.Wright for being a leader. I'm glad you're on my team.

Thanks for being you Marlon Anderson. Seriously. Thanks being 67 times a better pinch hitter than Julio Franco. Thank you for making me forget about Julio Franco.

Thanks to the stage that is baseball for setting up a picture perfect scenario for Mike Pelfrey to FINALLY get a win this season. I like Mike Pelfrey. More people will be believers if he could come through tomorrow.

Last but certainly not least, thanks to Pedro for his aura. I don't know what it is about him, but he is a very healthy shot in the arm. We'll anxiously await for news on his return, but it could be right around the corner. The picture above was perfect. Pedro is in sight.

If Pedro's return continues to inch closer and the Mets can get some momentum going, there may a lot of things right around the corner. And we may have a whole lot more to be thankful for.