Wednesday, August 8, 2007

7 Best Things about 756

Barry Bonds finally hit home run 756. Now I can sleep at night...

Just kidding. In all seriousness, I am quite happy this is finally over. I couldn't stand the hoopla anymore. Here's the bright spots of 756 to me. Check the Global NYM blog for a more serious take on Bonds.

7. ESPN will stop picking up coverage of god-awful games like a Giants vs. Nationals game.
6. ESPN will also stop interrupting every other show and sentence with a Bonds at-bat.
5. Mike Bacsik, a former Met, handed Barry #756.
4. I no longer need to watch Bud Selig mope in a luxury box like he hates his life.
3. The night was a bit over shadowed for me, as the Blue Jays were busy trying to get the last HA! in against Alex Rodriguez.
2. Obviously Mr. Matt Murphy, all decked out in the orange and blue.
1. The flashback to Bonds in 1986, while he was emphatically stating the record was not tainted. Perfectly timed.

No comments: