Friday, August 10, 2007

Chop Suey...Again

May 25, 2007...The post was titled Chop Suey. I concluded following the 3rd pitiful series against the Braves that I believed the Mets would still come out on top of the east and dominate in August. Fast Forward to today; another pitiful series against the Braves, another series loss. So much for domination in August by the Mets.

The Mets have to beat the Braves. They have to find a way if they are going to succeed this year. Go beyond the Braves, the Mets need to start winning and winning now against their division rivals. Pardon my annoyance, but this is getting ridiculous.

For those who argue it's a long season of 162 games, I agree with you until you can see the end of summer fast approaching. There's no longer a long season ahead of us. Winning against teams like the Dodgers, Brewers, and Cubs will only take you so far. With the unbalanced schedule (which I hate), you HAVE to win in your division. Plain and simple. If you take a quick glimpse at the remainder of the schedule, the Mets play most of their remaining games against opponents from the NL East. So instead of turning the page, someone may want to flip to the back and peek at the answers. We need answers sooner rather than later.

I appreciate the attempt at a comeback today. This series was a bit better fought than the previous three, but almost doesn't count at this point. I'm not angry, just rather disgruntled from being owned by Atlanta for the majority of my life. Willie Harris ruined my day and that silent "Oh my God" that came from David Wright following that catch is how I feel every time I have to hear Chipper named his kid Shea.

Speaking of D.Wright, who struggled against Braves pitching, has been solid lately on all fronts. Any April doubters should hide their faces. Beyond his play lately, hat tip to him for verbalizing what every Mets fan was feeling after today's game. (Check the quote of the week) The fluff from Willie Randolph does not make me feel better. Knowing that this loss was actually burning someone's ass IN the clubhouse made me feel better. Reason #415 why I love David Wright.

The Marlins are coming to town tomorrow night. The Mets need to come out strong and win these games. It's crucial for this team to start playing it's best ball heading into the stretch, which I believe we have yet to see from this squad. I sure do hate seafood, but a fish fry sounds perfect.

No comments: