Sunday, October 21, 2007

Worst Blogger Ever

Worst Blogger Ever = me! I have been a terrible lady blogger in these days since the regular season has ended. I think I was so wrapped up in the highs and lows of the Mets run, or lack their of, just made me so exhausted. That being said...I have been committed to the playoffs and they have been worth every second. I was happy to see the Phils bow out early; the Yankees and all their issues are such a joke; the D'backs and Rockies series was a bit of a letdown, as I expected a closer series; and this stretched out playoff schedule is starting to drive me bananas.

Red Sox and Indians have come down to game 7. Enter anxious shiver here. I hate everything about game 7's now. The Indians cannot let this slip away after taking a 3-1 lead, but now it all comes down to just 9 innings. There is no tomorrow for one of these teams. Fenway is going to be crazy & the tribe needs to win the war. I'm disappointed in my boy Fausto...guy could've gotten it together for this series. It would have been a thought. So before I move on, Come on Cleveland. Do it for my buddy Zac, who might just implode if you blow this!

Now the Rockies. Is this team playing incredible baseball or what?! I have jumped on the purple bandwagon, despite my plea to ditch purple as a man's team color. It has been exciting to watch this run they have been on. I am concerned the long break before the series may not be the best of things, but only time will tell. I have always been on the fence about destiny...and teams of destiny. Ask me in November if I change my mind.

And finally, the Mets. I apologize for those of you who were reading regularly & may have believed I bailed for the off season. Thankfully my schedule filled up as the Mets faded into the sunset. Until the hot stove heats up, the news in Queens has been slow. The Yankees gave us a hand in stealing all the nasty headlines so I offer them my thanks. I have avoided SNY; Mets Weekly; my drawer of Mets apparel; and obviously my Mets blog. Then damn ESPN interviews my man D.Wright at the Rutgers game the other night. And as stupid as it may sound, then and there I missed our Mets. I missed Gary, Keith, and Ron (who I believed used Just For Men before his TBS stint.) I missed Kevin Burkhardt eating everything in sight at a Dodgers game. I missed the obnoxious HR dances. I miss David everywhere. I miss Moises Alou and his quads that make me hold my breath. I missed El Duque's bunions & Willie's sketchy post-game conferences. I miss the ride that is a Mets fan; even if it's not always very fun. The Sizemore's, Holliday's, Carmona's, Beckett's, and Cleveland bugs will get me through October, but they will never be a sufficient substitute. I'm already flipping the calendar, counting down until Spring Training. Purple may be the color of the month, but I want my blue and orange back.

No comments: