Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Chaos and the Number 7

His name is Jose Reyes. We know him and by now, everyone else should too. This kid is just nuts. And that is why I love him. Baseball itself brings a smile to my face. It's a game that makes me happy & that I probably get far too wrapped up in from March - October. I never could have imagined one human being could multiply that feeling tenfold.

Jose Reyes is an absolute weapon on this Mets squad. Tonight, Delgado may have been the man at the plate when the winning run came strolling in. Yes, Delgado worked a great AB, but Reyes was the miracle worker tonight. A lackluster bottom of the 9th turned into a little bit chaos once Reyes reached the basepaths. But we're used to that; we don't expect peace among the bags when Reyes is out there. With his steal of 2nd on the pitchout, he created the energy and that run. Mr. Number 7 created some chaos for the Chicago Cubs, despite the fact this is becoming the norm for the blue and orange.

Speaking of Chaos and 7, today I nabbed some tickets to Friday night's Subway Series matchup. How I have managed to hit Opening Day & a Mets/Yankees matchup in the same season and still live 5 hours away from NYC is beyond me, but I'm not complaining. I am so excited to be at the first game between these two teams this season. It is most definitely going to be...well, chaotic at Shea. Am I a little anxious? Most definitely. I'm not really sure what to expect, because despite the lack of interest outside of the NYC area, there's still the fire between these two teams' fans. Although I feel like it is only appropriate to ride the 7 train to Shea Friday night, I haven't decided if I'm going to do it. Between Reyes, Mets vs. Yankees, and the 7 train...that may be a little too much chaos for me.

No comments: