Thursday, May 10, 2007

Wright Kind of Wrong

The Mets are a bit lighter these days. Some may say a bit cooler, even a bit closer. Whichever way you see it, I think it's a fabulous thing. A couple days of go the Mets decided to shave their heads. Some may see it as antics a college team would do, or a playoff superstition, but the Mets claim it's a move to show team solidarity. David Wright, who has looked anything but right this year, needed to change things up. Maybe a bit more drastic a change than most would choose, he became the leader of the pack, shaving his head first and prompting the rest to shed their locks. Since then, he's had a couple good games at the plate. Time will only tell if the new cut is the difference maker.

Some may see this as a foolish way to pass the time on a long road trip, but I love this team. I love that they love each other. I like to see them as a solid unit, even if haircuts are their way of showing it. I know it sounds biased as a Mets fan, but I do not believe you can find a team that is as close-knit as the Mets have been the past couple years. I also love that Mets fan are a crazy bunch; and should the Mets get hot after this hair loss, you'll see a lot of bald heads at Shea.

As much as I love the new dos, some of these gentlemen look just plain awful. Shawn Green sans hair is just downright wrong.

No comments: