Friday, May 25, 2007

Chop Suey

Mets vs. Braves: Round 6-9. We are only a quarter of the way through a very long season, but the Mets cannot shake the Braves. Yes, I believe in the long run we will come out on top as the best team in the N.L. East, but I'll have to wait patiently for August to see the Mets dominate the Braves. I don't know if the Braves will always haunt the minds of the Mets and their fans, but over the last few days I have come to terms with a few things.

1. I hate playing in Turner Field.
2. I wish Oliver Perez could pitch 3 straight days.
3. I'm over Glavine vs. Smoltz.
4. I still loathe the Tomahawk Chop.
5. The Atlanta Braves still have the most pitiful fan base.
6. The Subway Series is fun, but losing to the Braves hurt more than the Yanks.
7. It's hard to root against guys like John Smoltz; a total gamer & an outstanding guy.
8. I need Jose Reyes to grow his hair back and get on base.

For now, we rest our confidence in the rest of the National League to beat up on Atlanta. It's time for the Mets to start chopping again in Miami.

No comments: