Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Enter Words here

I'm not really sure where to start with this one. I don't really have a title for the post or a direction. As a blogger, I suppose this is where my job comes in; to find words for all the moments in a season. Tonight, after a game that all of us knew we needed to win and believed we could win, I'm at a loss for words. Actually, I'm tired of words (but I'll still supply a few).

I listen to the postgame comments and I hear the same thing, night in and night out. The past two nights actions spoke louder than words; players began throwing gloves, hats, and dirt; their faces sulked a bit more; the calm and steady trend of the team began to completely unravel. I think it's okay to see some anger in this team, and do not believe it's a bad thing. Human nature is to get frustrated when things go wrong for any prolonged period of time, be it in life or on a baseball diamond. For Willie Randolph to play it off like they are just plugging along and fighting through this, while he "turns the other cheek" to the frustrated gestures, is getting a little absurd. I still do not think he needs to go in there and flip tables, but I am a little tired of the robot routine. To say these guys are not frustrated or angry at this point is to go almost as far as saying they are superhuman. I do not have the answer to how Willie gets this team back on track and that is fair enough. I don't make the money to do his job, therefore I'm not going to act like I know how to solve the puzzle. All I know is that I am a little relieved to see some signs of frustration from this team from those who are out there doing the fighting.

I still have faith this team is going to shake this. I don't believe in the "this may be the real 07 Mets" as some people are starting to think. This team is still better than that when they put together a complete game. Those have just been very few and far between these days. I cannot lie, I'm frustrated and a little distressed of late with this team. Fortunately we're Mets fans, and those of us who bleed the blue and orange know we should be bred to see the glass half-full. Keep the faith Mets fans! Ya Gotta Believe...it's all gonna be alright.

No comments: