Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Go Away June

Okay, first off I'd like to thank the Mets for taking a night off to participate in a Minnesota baseball clinic. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to decide for myself that highlights and cy young's are a pretty good indicator of one's ability. Thank you for letting the Twins remind me what small ball looks like. Honorable mention goes to the concept of terrible defense = embarrassing night.

A night after everything went right, everything went wrong. I know this team is "staying calm" and remaining on the same page by providing the media with replica quotes. The bottom line is, they got absolutely shut down by Santana and the Twins. Santana pitched a complete game shut-out on 92 pitches. It's okay though...we hit the ball hard.

I know the Mets have faced a lot of great pitchers during this skid, which has not helped their cause. But this team needs to find a way to beat these guys, because if this is any indicator how the Mets will fair in October (should they get there), I may need a blindfold. I still have not started to panic, as we are still in first and there is still a lot of baseball to be played. I am frustrated though, as frustrated as D.Wright was as he chucked his glove into the dugout. The Mets need to win tonight; they need A-game Ollie Perez; they need to win a series; they need July to come quick...

or maybe that's just what I need.

No comments: